The comparison between solar powered LED light and conventional light is that the LED lamps have a greater lifespan and electrical efficiency that is many times better than the conventional lighting system. Beside this, LED lights are significantly much better than the most fluorescent lamps as well.
Conventional lighting is a game of yesterday due to so many vulnerabilities in it. Solar powered LED light has just left everyone speechless in order to compete with solar lighting system.
Here’s a chart we have made, this chart explain the comparison and difference between both the lighting systems. Kindly have a brief look:
Difference between Solar LED Street Lights & Conventional Street Lights:
|FEATURES||CONVENTIONAL STREET LIGHTS||SOLAR STREE LIGHT|
|Initial Investment||Low||High, because of high cost of solar panels, battery & LED lamp.|
|Environment||Less environment friendly, More pollution & carbon dioxide emission.||More environment friendly, No emission of gases or pollution.|
|Running & Maintenance Cost||High. Electricity cost is more expensive.||Low. Almost free as it uses solar light from the sun.|
|Safety||Low. Since there are wires involved,there can be a risk of short circuit or other accidents.||High, since no wires are associated.|
For everyone, using the solar power LED street lights, here are few great advantages which you can also tell your friends and other family relatives so that they can also think of going green and providing benefit to the environment as well.
The Advantages of Using Solar Street Lights:
1) Low Cost – Since solar lights use light from the sun for its operation, it is independent of the power grid. The cost is much lower as compared to electricity costs.
2) Clean and Green – The solar lights are an environment friendly way of lighting up the streets. They use clean energy from the sun for their working, hence there is no pollution and more energy saving.
3) Safe – Unlike the conventional street lights, there are no wires associated with the solar street lights and so there is less risk of accidents.
4) Low Maintenance – The maintenance associated with solar lights are very less as compared to the other street lights.
If you need more information please, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our staff will be glad to help you in any your requirements.
- Scientists at the Lawrence Berkley Laboratory (LBL) developed the concept of scotopic lumens. They developed a factor called P/S ratio. This ratio helps convert traditional Lumens into actual lumens perceived by the eye under mesopic light conditions and gives a more accurate estimate of the amount of light.
- Pupil Lumens = Photopic Lumens *
|Source of Light||Watt||Lumens||Lumens/Watt (Photopic Lumens)||S/P Ratio (correction factor)||Pupil Lumens||Pupil Lumens/Watt|
|Low Pressure Sodium||250||32500||130||0.2||9250||37|
|High Pressure Sodium||365||37000||101||0.62||25530||70|
|T8 Fluorescent (3000 K)||36||2800||78||1.13||3080||85|
- LED S/P ratio is about 3 times higher than it is for HPS.
- A good general idea of what wattage of LED will replace an equivalent HPS wattage , is to divide the HPS wattage by 3.
110W HPS system
6935 lumens Color temperature : 2000K (Yellow)
250W HPS system
21000 lumens Color temperature : 2000K (Yellow)
30W LED system
2880 lumens Color temperature : 6500K (Pure white)
60W LED system
6240 lumens Color temperature : 6500K (Pure white)
Lumen output is not the only parameter that should be taken into account when replacing HPS fixtures with LED fixtures.